Adelaide Hills Hotel
Explore Mount Lofty House
Mount Lofty House is an iconic boutique hotel and function venue in the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia.
With a setting immersed in the natural beauty of the rolling Adelaide Hills and picturesque Piccadilly Valley views Mount Lofty House is perfect for special events, conference retreats and holiday escapes.
Our country manor house is also perfectly positioned to explore the abundance of experiences and events that the Adelaide Hills has to offer.
Arthur Hardy, a politician, lawyer, pastoralist and businessman, built Mount Lofty House between 1852 and 1858. The property served the Hardy family as a cool summer residence, later becoming their permanent home. The coach house and stables are still part of the property which in recent times has undergone a makeover and is now one of our premier function spaces.
Today Mount Lofty House holds an enviable position as one of South Australia's most outstanding boutique hotels & Conference Retreat destinations.
The Hardy's were known for hosting great dinner parties. The coachman was instructed to send the carriages off at five minute intervals to prevent collisions going down the dark gravel roads. The tradition continues today with many high profile wedding receptions, gala dinners and corporate retreats being held in style at the historic house.
The House remained a splendid private residence for many years seeing many distinguished owners including Arthur Waterhouse and John Richardson before it was all but destroyed in the devastating Ash Wednesday fires in 1983. Only the massive stone walls survived. Mount Lofty House was restored by a local architect to it's original condition opening in 1986 as a premier guest house with a total of eight rooms and by 1988, a further 21 rooms had opened in the Piccadilly Wing overlooking the magnificent Piccadilly Valley.
The property now enjoys a reputation for consistent quality, and is highly regarded for it's personalised service whether it be for your special weekend away, to help celebrate your wedding or hold a professional conference. It delivers the best in local food and wine produce that provides the special experience that is Mount Lofty House.
Adelaide Hills Hotel
- Grand Mercure Mount Lofty House is a unique and iconic boutique hotel superbly positioned overlooking the Piccadilly Valley in the Adelaide Hills wine region, yet only 15 minutes from the Adelaide central business district.
- The scenery around Mount Lofty House is perhaps the most beautiful in South Australia and it is well worth exploring the region. Must do activities and attractions are listed below.
- Get Directions from Adelaide Airport to Mount Lofty House
- Get Directions from Adelaide CBD to Mount Lofty House
- Twelve acres of gardens and vineyards gardens to explore including our Chardonnay and Pinot vineyards
- 18 acres of bushland
- 33 guest rooms including Heritage Wing accommodation, Piccadilly Wing rooms, & individually appointed suites
- Piccadilly Restaurant for a la carte dinner each evening featuring the very best of the Adelaide Hills produce and seasonally inspired menus
- Heritage balcony overlooking sensational valley views
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Billards / snooker room
- Volley ball court
- Floodlit tennis court
- Guest Library with complimentary refreshments during your stay
- Seven function venues for groups of 5 - 300 available for your private event or conference venue needs
Arthur Hardy built Mount Lofty House in Piccadilly Valley between 1852 and 1858. If you are interested in the history of Mount Lofty House.
find out more here