Treat Your Skin Like a GardenApril 9, 2018
6 Wedding Reception Trends to Look Out For in 2018
In 2018, wedding receptions are taking inspiration from on-trend garden and enchanted forest themes. In South Australia, we’re lucky to have the beautiful countryside and sprawling hills available at our fingertips to help create beautiful receptions with a focus on gardens and greenery. This wedding season, expect beautiful enchanted forests or secret garden-themed events to make a special day even more magical.
If you’re interested in creating a fairylike getaway or secret garden party for your big day, read on.
- Forget pastel bouquets when wedding season warms up again, it’s all about bright floral arrangements. Bright flowers and lush greens are on trend for the 2018 wedding season, and luckily our country produces some lovely, bright and sweet-smelling buds. Bright arrangements complimented with wooden décor bring about images of woodland escapes. Just magical!
- Candle lanterns, tea light candles in mason jars, and fairy lights are just a few options to help transport wedding reception guests to another world. These can be incorporated into any décor and type of reception theme or colour scheme. Of course, if these are being used in summer at an outdoor reception, it’s best to keep track of fire warnings because you can never be too safe.
- Carved frames and details add a gorgeous detail to any reception. When looking for décor for your wedding reception, try to incorporate beautifully carved wood centrepieces or details to complement the use of lush greens and bright floral tones.
- A garden arbour is a unique and spectacular area for photo opportunities. These can be found in bamboo, wood or metal and can be used for photo booths or even for a backdrop for the bridal table. Decorate with colourful blossoms for a standout look.
- Delicious dessert canapes, like macarons. It’s becoming more and more common that dessert comes in the form of small bites and canapes – mostly because guests are too full by the time dessert arrives! Including canape desserts, like macarons, lets you further tie in the theme by allowing you to incorporate a certain colour scheme.
- Incorporate tea cups and mini terrariums as table décor or bonbonniere. A little touch that will add a little extra magic to the event that guests can take home and remember your special day.
Are you ready to start planning your wedding reception? Or do you need a helping hand in preparing the finer details for your big day? Get in touch with our professional event planners by sending an email or by calling us at (08) 8130 9266. Let us help you create an event that will be remembered for a lifetime.